Liberty University and its counseling program are partnered with nationally recognized CVFP-Medical Group to provide students with quality medical and mental health services, health promotion, and preventive care. A $170 student health fee built into tuition and fees each semester will cover a wide variety of services in our Student Health Center, including:
- Physician, nurse practitioner, and physician’s assistant office visits
- Acute care visits
- In-office lab tests and diagnostics (including blood draws, EKGs, and basic X-rays)
- Annual physicals
- Chronic disease management for asthma, diabetes, auto-immune disorders, and other long-term conditions
- Coordination of care with specialists
- Preventive care visits
- Nutritional and health coaching
- Unlimited visits to the Student Health Center These services will be available to full- and part-time students and will be provided by licensed physicians, midlevel providers, nurses, health navigators, and counselors who are committed to caring for you and your health.
We believe that every student should be able to seek the quality care they need without delay.
This new program will eliminate many costs not covered by primary health insurance, including co-pays and co-insurance. Some specialized lab procedures or diagnostic testing may fall outside the scope of the services provided and require a small fee;* and while scheduled visits may be canceled that day, there is a $10 charge for simply not showing up. But every effort will be made to keep costs at a minimum, and additional charges will be billed directly to your primary health insurance through the CVFP-Medical Group’s central billing office.
Liberty is committed to your good health — and to ensuring that the health care you need is there for you when you need it.
*All charges for excluded services will be personally covered by the patient. Excluded services include visits to CVFP Diagnostic or Immediate Care centers or the emergency room, hospitalizations, inpatient care, fiberglass casts, splints, fracture care, DME, allergy shots, B12 injections, the Prevnar (pneumococcal pneumonia) and Shingrix (shingles) vaccines or vaccines for Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Gardasil, Polio, T-dap, Meningitis, MMR, Typhoid, Rabies, or Yellow Fever, services performed outside the Student Health Center, specialist services, or counseling above the allotted six visits per year. Some durable medical equipment may be available for limited use at no charge.